Tuesday, July 22, 2008

.photo.challenges.

so in order for me to improve my skills, i have to practice. it's kinda like with my crochet projects or cooking endeavors, i gotta keep at it. so i've been trolling the internet for some simple, basic picture taking challenges to partake in. i thought of doing 100 Strangers but i am not comfortable taking pictures of people and i definitely do no feel comfortable about walking up to a stranger and introducing myself.
i have been trying to take a picture a day and posting about it. i've been playing around with alphabet photography but with random household stuff. i think i'll look on flikr and see if there are any beginner groups to join in. i did see one group that was doing self-portraits daily, which is a bit much for me. since i am getting around the whole brace face mentality and re-learning how to smile, maybe i'll try to do this, but weekly instead.

2 comments:

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Got photoshop? Or something similar? I just recently started sharing my journey in learning photoshop, mainly the world of layers.

I gave a free texture to use.

Angry Asian said...

i did notice your tutorial! i don't have photoshop, i've been using picnik.com to do my post-editing. i would like to try photoshop tho.