Tuesday, September 16, 2008

.pitter.patter.of.the.feet....and.heart.

dsc_0819

ok, i love this week's picture to play with. it reminds me of when i was kid. the socks. the colorful cordory jeans (maybe their farmer's overalls?) the patterned socks! and the cute girly shoes. THE SOCKS! her feet dangling.

as always, i post-editted in picnik. i cropped it to show more of the shoes and SOCKS. i think i scaled back the exposure (i don't even know if i am using the right terminology) and sharpened the image so that the texture of the socks and cordoroys was more pronounced. last, i added the golden hue and cross processing effects to give it a vintage, oldies vibe.

what i learned:

  • socks are great (actually i already knew that)
  • picnik is limited in their selections of edits and unless i upgrade to use their more advanced stuff or i finally upload PS, i need to stop complaining.
  • playing with other people's picture is fun
  • cropping can be my friend.

why don't you go over and play too?

before shot.

"They came to sit & dangle their feet off the edge of the world & after awhile they forgot everything but the good & true things they would do someday." ~The Story People

9 comments:

Jody said...

Heyyy girl Great photo work! Yeah you prolly need to upgrade. I use PaintShop Pro..have for years. I tried to get the PS free trial but it wouldnt install LOL. So I can't deal with it for now..

I love how you did your process tho. Sweeet! I just posted some 20plus years old photos on my blog lol. Take a look.

Thanks for visiting my blog =)

Killlashandra said...

Love the sepia tint! You've definitely hit on giving the picture a little age making it more nostalgic. Nice edit.

Yep, it's so much fun to play!

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I like your version better than the original :)

JMCS said...

Awesome editing, love the sepia and it takes me back. Very nice job.

Anonymous said...

Awesome crop and great work bringing out the textures in the pants and socks. I hadn't even noticed the texture in the socks until I saw your edit. Love the quote too!

Kelly said...

This looks great. I love this edit!

Elizabeth said...

Your version of that photo is absolutly awesome. And thanks for introducing me to dolcepics--what a cool site idea.

Angry Asian said...

Jody -
one day i will get that photoshop uploaded and i can go to town. but i fear it'll be more of a distraction.

killashandra -
thank you! those shoes just so brought me back for some reason.

jessica -
thank you so much! :)

jonni, john and sofia, laura, and Kelyy -- THANK YOU! :)

elizabeth -
i hope you play along! it's so much fun and such a great distraction.

iMother2.0 said...

What a lovely vintage feel you brought to the shot. Very nice.